The Christadelphians are a group of people from a variety of backgrounds, united in their faith in God, Jesus Christ His son and in the promises God has made in the Bible.There are groups of Christadelphians throughout the world. As well as in Petersfield there are groups meeting nearby, in Portsmouth, Guildford, Chichester and Southampton.
- The Bible is the only true message from God and was entirely given by Him.
(2 Tim 3:16, 2 Pet 1:20-21)
- There is only one God, the Father, who made the world and has a great purpose for it.
(Gen 1:1, Num 14:21, Acts 17:24-28, Deut 6:4)
- The Holy Spirit is God’s own power, by which He works out His own holy will.
(Job 33:4, Luke 1:35, Rom 8:11)
- Jesus is the Son of God. He is also Son of Man through being born of Mary.
(Luke 1:35, Gal 4:4, Rom 1:3-4)
- Jesus overcame temptation and died to save his followers from sin and death.
(Heb 4:15, Titus 2:14, Rom 10:9-13; 1 Tim 1:15-16)
- Jesus was raised from the dead by God. Later he ascended to heaven but will return.
(Acts 2:22-27 , Acts 1:9-11)
- When Jesus returns he will raise and judge the responsible dead and give immortality to the faithful.
(Dan 12:1-2, John 5:28-29, Acts 24:15, 2 Tim 4:1)
- He will be King over the restored Kingdom of God in Israel and over the whole world.
(Isaiah 2:2-4, Isaiah 9:6-7; Zech 14:9)
- His immortalised followers will help him to bring everlasting righteousness and peace worldwide.
- The devil is not a supernatural being but is another name for sinful human nature, overcome only by Christ.
(Matt 15:19-20, Jas 1:14, Acts 5:3-4, Heb 2:14-15)
- Salvation involves covering of sin through Christ, and freedom from sin and death at his coming.
- When people die they cease to exist. The only hope of life is by resurrection at Christ’s return.
(Ezek 18:4, 1 Thess 4:13-18)
- Belief in God’s Promises about the Kingdom of God and the work of Jesus Christ is essential for salvation.
- Repentance and baptism into Christ by full immersion in water and daily following of Christ are all necessary for ultimate salvation.
(Mark 16:15-16, Acts 2:38, Rom 6:4, Rom 12:1-2)
Find out more about our beliefs by reading these articles and booklets