Learn to Read the Bible Effectively (2019)
- Starting on Tuesday 12th February 2019 at 10:00 am and finishing at 11:15 am.
- The course takes place at: The Conference Suite, Springwood Community
Centre, Springwood Avenue, Waterlooville, PO7 8BJ
- The objective of the course is to equip you with the
skills required to understand the scriptural teaching and principles for yourself and so benefit from a new appreciation of the Bible.
- There are no charges for the course.
You will learn…
- Who wrote the Bible – where did it
- How to remove the ‘mystery’
which many religions cast about
- How to use cross-references.
How to learn more in less time
with effective study tools.
- How to tackle the difficult
language sometimes used in the
- An overview of each book of
the Bible in a concise, easy to
- History and chronology (the order
of events) in the Bible.
- Three tips for letting the Bible
- How to read carefully (e.g. Adam
and Eve didn’t eat an apple).
- How to overcome boredom when
- How to prove to yourself that the
Bible is not a work of fiction.
- When an understanding of
Hebrew and Greek can help,
and why it isn’t essential to Bible
- What the title ‘Christ’ means, plus
plenty of other definitions to make
Bible reading easier.
- How science is reconciled with the
- What happens at death.
- Why quoting a single passage
is dangerous (how to keep in
- About the Jews and why they are
so important in the Bible.
- Why the Bible seems difficult to
understand in parts and how it can
- How so many interpretations of
the Bible developed.
- Why there are four gospel
- When and how to gain an
understanding of the book of
- Why God allows so much suffering
and wickedness in the world.
- How critics of the Bible ‘prove’
- What the differences are between
Bible versions and how to choose
the best version for yourself.
- Why there is an Old Testament
and a New Testament.
- How the Bible deals with the ageold
question ‘Is man good or evil?’
- How to use a concordance and a
- How to use a simple plan to read
the whole Bible in a year.
|Week 1||WEEK 2||WEEK 3||WEEK 4||WEEK 5|
|Introduction||Review of week one||Review of week two||Review of week three||Review of week four|
|Background to the Bible||Reading the Bible||The Role of Prophecy||Study Tools I||The History of Israel (Part IV)|
|Overview of the Bible||Background & Genesis||The History of Israel (Part I)||The History of Israel (Part III)||Using Cross-References|
|The Bible Interprets Itself||Why Two Testaments?||– Tips on Reading||God Manifestation|
|Summary & Questions||Bible Terminology 1||The History of Israel (Part II)||Bible Terminology II|
|WEEK 6||WEEK 7||WEEK 8||WEEK 9||WEEK 10|
|Review of week five||Review of week six||Review of week seven||Review of week eight||Review of week nine|
|Critics of the Bible||Mystery?||Our Bible||Acts of the Apostles||Life and Death in the Bible|
|The History of Israel (Part V)||Period between the Testaments||The Gospels||The Jews and the Law of Moses||New Testament Letters|
|The Purpose of God Revealed||Bible Terminology III||Study Tools II||Bible Terminology IV||Good vs Evil|